CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I hate Computers!

There! I've said it!

Don't really mean it, but I said it none the less!

I guess, to be more accurate, I should say I hate computer problems! On Saturday night I noticed the Internet was getting mighty slow on my laptop. Usually when that happens I just shut down the computer and reboot. Unfortunately, that did not solve my problems, so Sunday morning I thought it might be good idea to update windows...since I haven't manually done an update in a couple of months. With that update I installed Internet Explorer 8. I took hours and hours for the update to go through...and once finished...NO INTERNET!!!

I did all the normal stuff...checked the upstairs computer (yup it has Internet access), checked the router (yup it has lights flashing), unplugged everything and then replugged, well you know. All that stuff that computer geeks tell you to do.

Monday night, my son in law came over to take a look at it. After 2 and a half hours, he was stumped. On Tuesday morning I called my Internet Service Provider...they said the problem was in the router. My router people said the problem is with the ISP. Oh, and one of them did ask me if the computer was still under warranty! (it is...but the laptop has Internet when it is hardwired into the modem.)

Now it is time to get a new router. Probably won't get to that until Friday or so. In the meantime, I have a very, very, VERY slow desktop that does have Internet access...but it takes so long going between screens I forget what I am looking at!

I love my laptop and the easy access of just a push of the button having my Internet wherever I happen to be! I really miss it! I'm trying to let my husband convince me to get an air card for his work laptop...and taking it to Disney for my laptop! I guess I'll let him talk about it for a few more weeks before I give in and let him get it!!! LOL!!!

Nini

No comments: