CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

She's Here! She's Here!

Finally, at 12:32 am on Saturday, August 25,2007, my wonderful little angel was born! Alyssa Marie weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Both mother and daughter were very tired after a 32 hour labor, and now are at home doing fine. There were a few little scares, but we are left with only one minorish major problem. We are going to Eggelston today to have her right foot put in a cast.

Her right foot is turned in (club foot) and will need a cast for a few months. Other than that she is absolutly beautiful!

I managed to get her quilts finished just in time. We went to her regular OB appointment on Thursday and after the ultrasound, her doctor sent her to the hospital for admittance. They started inducing her at 4:30 pm on Thursday. I was able to give her the quilts at the doctor's office.

Unfortunately, the one that was done to match the rest of her bedding did not hold up well to washing. The brown and pink dot fabric faded something terrible! I was very dissapointed in the quality of the fabric. I spent over $100 on that fabric and the first time it was washed it faded! However the 9 patch quilt did perfectly after the washing. I have a couple of pictures I may try to post after I return from the doctor's office this afternoon!

Nini

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great day that was!!--Tasha