CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 7, 2011

Snow?

I chose to live in the Atlanta area for a reason.  A big part of that was the weather.  Sure, winter gets cold, but it only lasts a few weeks at best, and we get snow ....maybe once a year.

This year I was pleasantly surprised to have a White Christmas.  According to the record books, it is the first one in over 150 years.

But when ...for the second time in two weeks that dreaded "S" word is in the forecast...that is a bit too much!

The weather forecast is changing every few minutes.  The latest one has us getting between a tenth of an inch to a quarter of an inch of ice...followed by SIX inches of SNOW between Sunday night and Monday night.  Seriously?  We had 58 degrees today.

I am seriously hoping that this is just an exaggeration on the part of the weather people.  I really NEED the roads to be clear on Tuesday morning!  The kids are supposed to be going back to school on that morning!  I need my break!

While I ponder that, I'll go gather up all the supplies needed for an extended period without power.  And...of course, for us in Atlanta, that includes milk and bread!

No comments: