CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years

So, here it is...finally...the first Monday of the New Year.  Normally the day kids go back to school, but because  our school district is trying to save money, we don't go back until the 11th.

Been thinking and rethinking my 'resolutions' for the new year.  They really aren't something that is totally written down...and they generally get started and stopped and then restarted through out the year.  Of course, for me and our family, one of those is to loose weight.  Since I am the gate keeper for the kids this should be a little easier than normal.  I mean, I can't very well cheat when I won't let the kids cheat...

Now, on to the money one.  I am seriously rethinking the whole Disney vacation thing.  I know I can make it work, but it will be really tight.  I really need a new stove.  I really want to go to Disney.

Need vs want.

A new stove will be more energy efficient (people that know my stove will say "Duh!").  It will save me money in the long run, it will be more fun to cook on day after day (hmmm maybe keeping me on the diet!), and would just look a lot nicer than the one I have!

A trip to Disney will be a LOT of fun....for one week!

The new stove will cost less than half that of a trip to Disney...meaning I could almost get the matching refrigerator for the same price...but I don't NEED a new refrigerator.


Sometimes it is really hard to be the adult around here...

No comments: