CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ties, Ties, Ties

I have made my first tie.


It took me all of 15 minutes.  And that included piecing the pattern and cutting out the pattern!  It actually took longer to cut out the fabric than it did to sew the tie!  I am in love with this pattern.  (well maybe not love, but a definite strong like)  I have made Mr D a Christmas tie to match one of the fabrics in the girls' dresses. I am working on one for Dad, maybe Shawn, and maybe Korey.  


Since hubby has a problem getting ties that are long enough for him...I can see how this could be even more than just fun.  Not only can I have an excuse to purchase all sorts of nice silks, I can save money on the ties.  I figure I can spend 20 on a yard of silk and still save money. (I can get 2 ties from each yard easily.)


So much fun!


Nini

No comments: