CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells!

Can you tell I'm ready for Christmas? I can hardly wait for Christmas to get here, I'm worse than a kid at this time of year! This time of year really makes me miss my step mom, Frances. Doubtful that any who reads this blog will know her, but she and I shared a big obsession...Christmas! It is from her that I learned it was OK to start planning Christmas on Dec 26.

And while I'm not near as anal about things as she was, I do admit I have some of her tendencies where Christmas is concerned. (and I will leave that to your imaginations, since both my daughter and daughter in law read my blog!)

I finished the Christmas stockings Sunday afternoon, and a Birthday table cloth quilt for Logan on Monday, so I feel like I need another Christmas project! I found a great pattern for a Christmas Tree Napkin. The trick to it is in the thread you use on the serger to create the Christmas Tree-like decorations and folding it so it looks like a Christmas Tree...of course I don't have a serger, so I'm not sure how this is going to turn out...but I might tackle this and modify it a bit to see what I can get. I think it would be cute for the kids to use during Christmas time.

I am SO tempted to get the Christmas countdown on my computer, but I'm afraid everyone will really start to kid me then...they already think I'm a bit strange since we have broken out the Christmas movies for Movie night for the kids. It isn't even Thanksgiving yet!

This year we are going to start a new tradition. Each day we are going to do something festive and Christmasy. sort of our own 25 days of Christmas. I'm starting a list and couldn't believe that I am having so much trouble finding 25 things to do with them! One of the daily things will be they get to visit a Christmas website to play after they finish their schoolwork. I've been busily finding and approving the various websites for the past few weeks. It is not as easy as I had thought to find good websites. I want something that has appropriate content and enough fun stuff to do to keep them occupied for at least 10 minutes. There are several that have some good content, but no games or other fun stuff to keep them busy. And I've found a couple that have some fun stuff to do, but the content is less than what I'm happy with...too many ads and too easy to leave that site for something less than desirable.

We are already working on our letters to Santa. I'm making them write them out in proper form, and later we will send them via email to Santa. Brianna said it was too much trouble writing regular letters, and no wonder people only send e-mails now!

She could be right!

Nini

No comments: