CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Merry Christmas...almost!

Well Christmas is definitely coming soon! I've been driving my family absolutely crazy playing Christmas music (loudly) for the past week or so. Last night the kids had their first movie night with some of the old Christmas movies. I've spent the entire day working on the stockings for our family Christmas gathering at Amanda and Korey's house.

Those stockings are going to get me in the end! So far, I have invested over 30 hours into their construction, quilting and the piecing. I'm only making 10, so I really didn't expect it to take me this long. I'm about half way through the construction stage, then I have to find a way to put everyone's name on the cuff. I had originally thought about having he cuffs embroidered, but now I don't know.

I originally had visions of making some to sell at the Crepe Myrtle Festival next June, but I really doubt anyone would pay what I have invested just in time, much less in fabric. I really like the way they are turning out, but I'm not so sure I will ever do this again! At this point, I'm hoping my family will appreciate all the time that has gone into this little project of mine!

I made some table runners and I was able to knock them out in about two hours, not including the binding. So I doubt I'll be selling many of them either.

Currently only the quilts are remaining cost effective, but not many of them will sell at the craft festival. Most people will want a quilt that has their specific colors or a specific pattern. Making them without a buyer in mind is kinda dicey. I was hoping to have them to showcase my work and then take orders for exactly what the customer wanted. I had really thought the majority of my sales that day would be from the smaller quilted items. Now I'm not so sure. I'm beginning to think I will not be able to justify the booth charge, much less the materials for what I've already purchased.

I have a few other Christmas projects that I want to get finished in the next week or so, but have had to put everything on hold for a while. I RAN OUT OF BATTING!!! I can't believe it. I thought I had enough to finish up all the projects I have started, but I see I was wrong, very wrong!

I'm also making a Birthday quilt for Logan (like the one I made for my Grand daughter Alyssa, except in blue) and need to get it quilted so I can have it ready before his first birthday. Darlene's baby shower is next Saturday, and at least her baby quilt is finished, but am still working on a matching pillow for it.

With all the stuff I still have to do it is a wonder I am still on this computer instead of working on them! I guess this week I am using my computer as my excuse to get things done! ( Sorry Amanda!)

Nini

No comments: