CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween!

Halloween has come and gone without too much incident! The kids were a bit upset...they had gotten into the candy (two gigantic bags from Sam's!) and I told them as punishment they couldn't go out trick or treating... but those who know me know I am an old softie at times, so they did get to go around the neighborhood with Dad.

We didn't have too many little trickers out. Maybe less than 50. It was a little strange. Usually we have hundreds. I'm not sure if it was the economy keeping the kids home or the fact that it was Friday night and lots of churches had parties going on and lots of parents had parties going on.

We took a short trip to the north Georgia Mountains on Saturday to look at the leaves. They were spectacular! I didn't get any pictures (much to my husband's dismay) but you will just have to trust me! At one point a huge wild turkey flew in front of the car! We barely missed it. Was in SUCH a hurry to get to the other side of the highway, and yes, that sparked about a half hour of jokes about why did the TURKEY cross the road. And Damien couldn't resign himself to the fact that it wasn't a cooked turkey!

Now, I'm back to getting all the Christmas stuff made and quilted. Brianna wants to make some of her gifts this year, and we have seen a couple of patterns that make quick and easy gifts. At this point I'm not 100% sure we will have TIME to get them all done in time for Christmas...we'll see!

I've started decorating for Thanksgiving, but have a couple more boxes of stuff that I can't get to, so I will have to wait until my hubby has some time to get them for me...he doesn't understand why we have to decorate if we aren't having the family Thanksgiving dinner at our house...MEN!!


Well, I have to apologize...I went to get the camera to put in a picture of the kids and realized Rex took it to work with him today...after all it IS his camera and I did have all weekend to get my pictures off!

Nini

No comments: