CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Transitions

The following is a post by someone I only know via online forums, but feel I know her personally. I followed her story for the past year. When she told us of her husband's cancer, and how the doctors thought he had beat it, then when he started his last round of chemo after the doctors discovered it was back with a vengeance.

As he fought the battle and, even though he was loosing the battle, he never gave up on his determination that he was going to go to a better place.

The following post was posted by Patty Jo on the APQS forum on Thursday afternoon at 3:15:

"Hello all - I first of all want to thank all of you for your prayers, good thoughts and the support in so many ways over the past months. I wanted to let you know that Bill went home to be with the Lord this morning at 4:30 AM. He was not in pain and was totally at peace and without fear in going to see his Lord. I have a friend here with me and she will stay here until our daughter can get here tomorrow morning. His services will be Saturday, the 29th of November at 1 PM. If anyone wants more particulars, I would be glad to send them to you. Thank you again for your prayers. When he walked into heaven, his body was made perfect and without any cancer to contend with anymore. Still leaning on Him, "

Since I first read that post I have been thinking about those words... how he was totally at peace and without fear as he left this earth. It made me wonder if I would feel that way when my time comes. I want to. I really want to feel completely at peace and looking forward to going to heaven, but I'm not sure that I'll be that calm.

On Sunday mornings we have been discussing providence. I understand that the final act of providence is death. I understand that the final act of life is death. I understand that death is more of a transition than an actual end, and is the beginning of something even better. But still, I wonder. I can only hope that I can face that transition with as much grace and calm as Bill did in his final moments.

Patty Jo, you and your wonderful husband have been an inspiration to me in ways I cannot put into words.

Nini

No comments: