CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Window Experience

I'm hoping my younger two do not have the chance to read my blog before Christmas...so, Brianna, Damien, if you are reading this ...STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

There, now with that business taken care of; I have to tell you what Santa is bringing them..a Wii!

I have ordered it online at lest two times before, and something happened both times. So, I finally got through to the AAFES website and ordered again, and it looks like this time it is actually going to come before Christmas! Although I did have a scare this afternoon. I was reading emails and one popped up from AAFES saying that the status of our order had changed! In the two short minutes it took me to log on and find out what was going on I started panicking! But they were just letting me know it was being shipped this week after all... our original ship date had changed to mid December...and I was getting worried it wouldn't make it in time for Christmas (I'm cheap and did not want to pay for super fast shipping!)



Yesterday, Damien nonchalantly asked me where Dad was. I told him he would be home soon and he said he would wait until Dad got home and walked away. Now, I know Dami. I knew something was up. I tried to pull it out of him, but like any good little seven year old he insisted Dad could take care of the problem and I didn't need to 'worry' about it.

With that information, I decided to check out his bedroom (which he had uncharacteristically closed the door to!) There in all its glory was his window....not in the window opening, just laying on his floor! {Now, I have to admit that we lived in this house for a full two years before I discovered that the windows were the 'tilt' kind...you know you can tilt them inwards to wash them, so I can understand how scared this little guy was!} He has developed a habit of opening up his window, which has no screens on and is a floor to ceiling window. He sneaks out when he knows he isn't supposed to . (did I mention he is 7?) He discovered the little clips at the top of the window that let them tilt, and got scared. Somehow he managed to drop the window and it came completely off the track and he put it in the floor.

While it wasn't terribly cold outside, it was very breezy and a bit chilly. His room got quite a bit of an airing out! I let him think he had broken the house until Dad got home and we put it back together. Hopefully this has scared him enough that he won't try it again...but with him I won't count on it. As much as we hate to, we are going to fix his windows where they can't be opened. The chance of being stuck by a fire is a lot less than the chance of him leaving through the window again!


Well, I'm still listening to Christmas music and still driving my family crazy! I have a couple more quilty things to get finished before Christmas so I better take advantage of the fact that the kids are out playing and get some of it done!

Nini


No comments: