CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Waiting by the phone...

Well, we are in the middle of VBS. This is Alyssa's first VBS, so I guess I was a little anxious as to how she would do. Also, Damien is completely 'off' meds during the time of VBS, so I was a little more anxious as to how he would do. So far, it looks like I was worried for nothing on both counts!

Alyssa LOVES going to Bible class, and Damien is doing much better than expected. (even after getting candy in class last night!)

Today, Alyssa is off to Eggelston Children's Hospital having a test run on a lump in her neck. The doctors aren't completely sure if it is a lymph node or a cyst. They are thinking it is just a cyst, and the ultra sound today will tell them the timing of the surgery and the type of surgery she will need. I know I should be using this time to quilt, sew and probably clean house...but I am sitting here on the 'puter waiting for them to call me with what the doctor said. I really wanted to go with them, but figured that would just make me a hovering grandmother and mother in law, so decided against it. I know the procedure only started about 30 seconds ago, but I wish they would hurry and finish and get me the results!

Michael (child #2 who will be 26 tomorrow), had to have 6 lymph nodes removed when he was about 12. One of them was the size of a golf ball, and was a little worse than the doctors wanted to see... he has a lymph type cancer in the muscle of his eye, so they were more than just a bit concerned, but so far there has not been a re-occurrence of it.

I know, I know, I'm a worry wart when it comes to my kids. we just came off the roller coaster of my son in law's bout with Hodgkin's Lymphoma ( all of his post chemo scans have come out great!) and I just can't seem to let my guard down!

Well, Brianna has just finished cleaning her room and wants me to come vacuum it (I only vacuum their rooms once ever two weeks - they do it other than that) so I need to go. still waiting by the phone for the test results!

No comments: