CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Eleven Months and Counting!

Well, I have eleven months to go until the Crepe Myrtle Festival!

I've started my quilts, and actually got two tops almost finished. I've made a crib size and a twin size in a Trip Around the World pattern. They both need some borders on to complete the top and are in browns and golds. So far I LOVE them. I made them both last Friday. I had to wait until after Alyssa went home to get them completely finished, as Alyssa thought I should hold her all day!

Normally she will play in the floor with her toys and only need me occasionally to make sure I'm still around. So I usually sit and watch TV, surf the web, or maybe try to get some writing done. But Oh No, not Friday! Once she realized i had something to actually do, she wanted to be held. She was very clingy. Which is OK. I love to sit and hold her, so no real problem.

I had taken Brianna's sewing machine down to the classroom and brought all my paraphernalia down with me. Only took 4 trips! So, after she went home, I lugged all the stuff up to the living room to finish it up...somehow it took 6 trips back up...

I only spent about two hours to finish up the both of them, so it wasn't too bad. I need to get some more fabric and try and make another two this month to feel like I am on track. Eleven months is not that long when you stop and think about it!

No comments: