CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Alyssa's Birthday Quilt


Last night I finished a birthday 'tablecloth' for my soon to be one year old granddaughter. I had no intention of quilting it last night, just finish up the piecing and appliqué and maybe load it. After I checked my tension, I decided to quilt a bit. Was planning on just going until I get my first thread break...unfortunately (or is that fortunately?) my thread never broke! My tension was great; machine moved smoothly...thirty minutes later, it was ready for binding!


I wasn't extremely happy about the quality of MY quilting, but it didn't look too bad... If I compare it to things I've seen here it is very amateurish, but I can see that I am improving. I was very limited in what I could actually quilt as my DIL doesn't like heavy quilting, so I basically just did a lot of meandering, a few swirls and an attempt at stitch in the ditch...


It really frustrated me that the stitches and tension were so perfect! I was really thinking I was going to be ripping out what I was doing! But my DIL loved it and started crying. I used fabrics from Alyssa’s receiving blankets, her bedding, and some fabrics I had used for her Mom and Dad’s anniversary quilt!


I’m positing a picture, not to show my great quilting, but to show that I am improving, ever so slightly and to show that I’m not giving up at quilting!

The pattern is from an old Quick Quilts magazine, and I used King Tut Cotton Candy… I’ll be trying feathers on my next quilt!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love this idea! You did a great job!!!!! Even better in person