CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Alyssa's First Kiss?

It is hard to believe that Alyssa is almost a year old! It seems like only yesterday that she was born. She is growing up so fast!

On Thursday, Damien had a doctor's appointment in Athens, so Grandpa stayed home watching the girls while I took Damien to Athens. From what I hear, she had Grandpa wrapped around her finger about ten times around! All he would say is that she is a mess!

We are in the middle of the great attempt to break her from the bottle. Meaning, she is only getting a few bottles in a day and she is drinking out of the cup more and more. She prefers the bottle to the cup! I've always called her my baby, and if you ask her who she is she will pat herself and say "Baby". So this week I have been telling her she is a Big Girl. I asked her if she could say Big Girl, and she promptly said "Big Girl", so then I patted her and said Big Girl, to which she replied, "Big....Baby"! Now, every time I call her Big Girl, she giggles and says "Baby"

This morning, when I picked her up for Sunday School, proud Mommy and Daddy told me she had said "I love you " for the first time yesterday! (of course, no matter how hard I tried, I could not get her to tell me I love you!)

During Sunday School class this morning, she had her first kiss! She and Quick (a much 'older' boy who had his first birthday today) climbed over to each other and planted a big one on each other! While I'm sure it was totally adorable and cute, I'm afraid at 10 and a half months she is much too young for that!

Grandma is really enjoying this being a grandmother thing. It is even better than I thought it would be! Hopefully I can get some pictures posted soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.