CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another week...

Another week has passed, and things are getting back to normal.

I've been working on John and Susan's baby quilt. While it is not what I had wanted quality wise, it is pretty! I'll get the blue flannel for the backing on Thursday and start the quilting. I'm hoping to finish the binding by Saturday night. I want to have it wrapped before Alyssa goes for her surgery.

On Sunday, I'm going to have all the kids in Ms. Pat's class draw their hand prints on paper. I'm going to use these to make a quilt for Ms. Pat. I'm hoping to get it finished the weekend after Alyssa's surgery so the kids can give it to her at our monthly fellowship meal. She has been through a lot lately, with her chemo treatments and the uncertainty of exactly what is wrong and how the doctors are planning on treating her. I want to do something special for her. She is always smiling and always says she is fine! After the accident, she was a rock for me, and I want to do a little something for her.

On Friday night we had our first quilting class. I discovered I am not in the same league as anyone that was there...kinda made me feel inadequate! Diane is going to teach Brianna how to applique. I don't think I can have the patience to teach her something like that, and I think having someone else other than Mom teach her will be a good thing. She is looking forward to getting her own supplies, and we are making a sewing kit out of a plastic ice cream container. She is really excited!

Now, things are back to normal...or at least what has passed for normal these past three years. Getting back to quilting has been great therapy for me! I only wish I had more to do...I have two quilts scheduled right now, and then I'm back to nothing!

Well the chicken is just about ready, so I'll go for now. I promise, much more upbeat postings from now on...

Nini

No comments: