CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Night, not much quilting this week

Not a lot of quilting getting done around here!

Yesterday, Alyssa was bitten by Russell. He is Shawn and Tasha's Akita. Or I should say Was. There had never been a problem with either of their two dogs and the baby, of course she is crawling now...

Shawn called Animal Control and took Alyssa to the ER. It wasn't a bad bite, just a small scratch under her eye and and two small dots on top of her head. It is like Shawn said, if Russell had really wanted to bite her he woukld have taken her face off. Of course, they don't want to keep a dog in the house that will bite a baby. I know this is hard on both of them. Russ ws a rescue pet, and was Tasha's baby for a long time.

Sincwe Shawn works for Animal Control, he knows too well that once a dog bites, you never know when the next bite will happen. While it is sad, at least Alyssa isn't scared of dogs...

We are still getting used to Damien's new medicine. Had a really bad morning at church this morning. He had several major meltdowns. Although, after big brother Shawn took him out, there was a different tone in his attitude. He actually calmed down.

Our subdivision's annual yard sale is coming up next month. It is the weekend after Alyssa's surgery. If I plan on getting anything ready for that, I'll have to hustle! I've still got to finish the baby quilt! We are trying to get the bedroom redone, and get the downstairs apartment ready for our classroom... I've got my work cut out for me!I've got about 6 weeks to get 6 months of 'stuff' done in addition to regular life!

Tuesday is the anniversary of Mom's death, and we have decided we want to get some roses to give out to the important people in our life that day in Mom's memory. Red roses were her favorite flower. Since Damien has therapy that day, he can give one to all the ladies there.

So, all in all, I've been so busy I barely have had time to think about quilting...

Nini

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hello- That happened to us as well. Our dog bit Madeline when she was 15 months old. He had a history of biting and we had tried training and whatnot but he had not been aggressive to us. We had to put her down. The vet said he could not be rehomed responsibly, and Stephen and I were not about to keep him there. We kept thinking "that could've been her face". Tell TAsha and Shawn I am sorry! JEnnifer Lawes