CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Where is the quilt pictures?

I know what you are saying, how can this blog be about quilts when I don't have any pictures of quilts!!!!????!!!

Until and unless the Mother's Day Fairy brings me a new camera, I will have to vie for time on my husband's camera. Since I haven't figured out a way to be able to view and download my pictures without seeing his, this may be a problem. (he is a police officer and I really don't want to see the pictures he takes of crime scenes....)

I have just finished a new quilt, as well as been working on more feathers! They are almost to the point where I wouldn't mind having people see them. But I promise you won't see any pictures of that here! I re-used the same three yards of fabric, using different colors of thread. I don't think there is an inch of fabric that isn't covered in thread!

I have finished the quilt for John and Susan's baby shower on the 25th. It is really funny, I wanted to have something different for the quilting. It was a rail fence with lots of lines, so I wanted curves. I practiced a wave type pattern until I really liked it and loaded the blue quilt. Somehow the pattern changed with the very first pass and it became a much simpler wave. None of the curly cues I had worked on, almost a 'C'. I really like the way it turned out, but not sure how it evolved to this!

I did discover that if I sit in my office chair and kinda glide along the floor as I quilt, I have better control on my quilting. Actually the difference is that I can SEE what I am quilting! I also don't get headaches from looking over my glasses! If I ever get to upgrade to a different machine with bells and whistles, I will definitely have to get one that has an adjustable frame. I know that my frame is not at the best height for me...maybe I can get my son or son in law to look at it to see what we can do to raise it some!

My newest project is a hand print quilt for Ms. Pat. Ms. Pat is my daughter's Sunday School teacher. She is undergoing some rough chemo treatments right now, and they still don't have a good diagnosis on her. She is looking at a lot of uncertainty and pain, and takes it all with a smile. She almost ignores her own pain, and concerns herself with others' pain and misfortune. If you ever ask her how she feels, she is always 'fine'.

All the kids in her class have given me their hand prints and I will applique them on to a quilt so she can wrap herself in their love. I can't wait to get it finished, and hope to have it ready next Sunday.

I also have signed up for QOV. I've been contacted by my partner, but I won't be seeing the quilt until around the 14th. No problem, I will be working on Ms. Pat's quilt until then.

I promise to post pictures of the kids giving her the quilt!!!!

Keep on quilting!

Nini

No comments: