CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy Week!



This past week has been a very busy week, and the one coming up isn't going to be any less busy!

Damien had another doctor's appointment, where we are playing around with his medication again. Since Tuesday, we have made two more changes. Hopefully, this will lead us towards less meltdowns and more cooperative days!

I finished piecing the hand print quilt for Ms. Pat, and what a pain it was! I had forgotten how much I hate to do applique! I tried to use Brianna's machine, since it has all those nice embroidery stitches built in, and hated every second of it! It makes a noise that reminds me of metal grating on metal. It is almost like the arm is too low, but checking with the manufacturer, it is right. These machines just are noisy! The stitch was OK, but I was committed to finish all the hand prints with that stitch, and didn't particularly like the stitch after one hand... and the amount of thread it took!!!! I was using King Tut in both the top and the bobbin. I had to refill the bobbin after only 2/3 of each hand! I was going to use the same thread for the quilting, but now I realize I might better order another cone!

I got my first QOV!!! I can't begin to explain how excited I am about that! It scared me to death! I know I am in over my head, but I will never learn until I try! I am treating it like a customer quilt, and it is so stressful! The batting I had was too small, so I had to go to Joann's to get another bat, and used my 40% off coupon. I looked at it for ever before I decided what to do with it! I originally thought I'd do a panto, but after seeing the quilt I decided it would be better with a bit more of a custom look. I worked a couple of hours on Friday night and Rex even came up to the studio to look at the progress. He was slightly impressed with the quilting, so that made me feel a bit better! I haven't had a chance to get back to it because of the Mother's Day weekend.

We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we drove around looking at houses, because that is what I LOVE to do. Shawn brought Alyssa over to make a handprint for her Mommy for her first Mother's Day. And yes, Tasha cried. It was rally cute!

On Sunday, Shawn and Tasha took me out to eat lunch after church, of course sweet Alyssa slept most of the meal, only waking up after we had finished eating to play with her aunt and uncle. I gave Tasha my gift to her, one of the Willow Works carvings, at least I think that is what they are called. Tasha gave me my first one a few years ago, and I have gotten hooked on them, so I got one for her first Mother's Day.

We came home to plant the two bushes we bought two weeks ago by my downstairs apartment door. We then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get the apartment set up for our classroom. This also involved getting it baby proofed as well, so it was a very busy day!

After evening services, Amanda and Korey took me out to dinner at Chilis. It was a great evening, I wish we could do it more often, maybe with all 5 kids...

This Friday Alyssa has the surgery on her foot. I am not looking forward to having my baby in pain, but I know it is necessary. I am going to try and be brave...

Alyssa is spending the day with her mom today, so I am working some more on the downstairs apartment. That bathroom was worse than I thought! I've got lots of ideas for decorating, but first things first...baby proofing!

Back to work!

Nini

No comments: