CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cobbler's Children

I have done it several times.  Put something for my kids on the back burner for my kids or family so that something that HAS to get out immediately can be done...but I have always eventually gotten back to their stuff.

This time, well, that has changed.

A year ago, my youngest, Mr D, decided he wanted his room redone and even picked out the quilt he wanted me to make for him.  It had a ton of embroidery on it, and has turned out really cute.  I bought the flannel for the backing and got ready to put it on the frame.  Only to discover I was out of batting.  I finally bought some batting, only to have to put it to use on a different quilt.  

Yesterday, I went to put the last of my baby quilts on the frame to get it out the door (only a week late) when I discovered I had either measured or counted wrong.  I was a quarter of a yard too short having enough.  So, I did what any quilter in a pinch would do...I cannibalized  Mr D's quilt.  I took the nice large piece of flannel that was to be the backing for Mr D and cut it up to make a backing for the baby quilt I am making...


Eventually I will get back to Mr D's quilt.  I only have to buy some new flannel and some new batting!


Nini

No comments: