CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Back to Home School

What a wild weekend it has been...but then again, the whole week was kinda crazy!

Miss B and the Princess were out of school and home with me.  It just didn' seem fair to make Mr D have school when the girls weren't so we took a fall break as well.  During the summer, I borrowed the baby monitor so I could work downstairs while the kids were upstairs playing.  It worked pretty good...and when they got quiet it was because they were plotting.

This past week...not so much!  If I walked all the way downstairs, they started fighting.  If I sat on the couch they played quietly.  Even if they didn't know I was downstairs, the fighting began once I got the machine turned on.  Not a very productive week for the sewing cause!

I had made big plans for the weekend.  Miss B was going to be at her sister's house (her reward for straight A's)  Mr D and I were planning a weekend of Wii and sewing.  Him the Wii and me the sewing.

Unfortunately, I got one of those strange headaches.  Not a migraine (which I am used to ) but some sort of extremely hard sharp pain going through my temple.  I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my neck, since I popped it a bit right before it started hurting.

This basically meant Saturday afternoon and Sunday were a bust for me.  I did manage to get some napkins and a towel monogrammed for our Thanksgiving guests...and managed to get the binding on the other problem quilt.  But that was on Saturday morning before the headache set in.
 
Last night, I started feeling a bit better so I sat down at the computer to play a silly game.  The next thing I know is it is after 11pm and I have to get up in less than 5 HOURS!  Being out of school for a week really messed up my schedule.

Now it is Monday and we are hard at work in school.  Yes, I know it is only 7 am, but we already have 2 hours in .  We really only have reading and a bit of math to finish and we are done for the day.

Right now is when I can truthfully say I am so happy Mr D is a morning person like me.  We can get school started and finished before most people are even out of bed.  Then if we find more interesting stuff to do along the day we can add a few things here and there.



--------------

On mommy's agenda today is to start drafting a letter to the school board and superintendent about the events that led up to home schooling this time around.  I keep hearing all kinds of rumors that  this principal needs to go...

Nini

No comments: