CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Not a victim!

Yesterday and today I have had a killer of a migraine.  I mean the kind I probably should have gone to the hospital with...numbness on the right side, unable to move or speak.  Of course today's wasn't as bad and didn't last as long, but it did take half my day.

I know that the migraine is partially due to the neck issues I have and the fact that I may need surgery again soon.  The neck pain is sometimes so bad, I would love to have a migraine to take my mind off it...almost.

This afternoon I decided I am not going to be a 'victim' any more.  I'm tired of the pain in my neck keeping me from getting things done I want to do.  I spend every afternoon in pain.  So, today started my first day of refusing to give in to the pain.

I walked on the Treadclimber for a quarter of a mile.  Not a lot I know, but I kept going until the pain in my hips was too much to ignore and then slowed down.  When it was over I had walked for a little over a quarter mile (.28) and I am not hurting right now.

So, my goal is to find a way to do the things I want to do without hurting my neck.  I guess some research on ergonomics is in order.  And to be more active...I mean I have a trip to Disney in just 68 days.  I need to be able to walk all day!



Nini

No comments: