CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On Friday is the sixth anniversary of the accident that took my Mom.  I went in to the week knowing it was going to be emotional for me.  (And, yesterday was the anniversary of my Step father's funeral.)

Yesterday, a lovely woman at church died.  I think she was in her 90's; and she had Alzheimer's .  She had lots and lots of children, grand children, great grandchildren, and a few great, great grandchildren. (In fact, just a few weeks ago, she was living with her daughter, who is raising her own great grand daughter!)

This was especially hard on Miss B.  Every time she saw Miss Eva, she would give her a hug.  She knew that Miss Eva probably didn't remember her; but she felt that giving her a hug each time she saw her might make her remember her a little bit.  She also thought it was sad that Miss Eva would forget that people loved her.  So, by giving her a hug, she would at least remember for a few minutes that she was loved.

I love my daughter and her sweet, sweet heart.

Nini

1 comment:

AmandaDickens said...

Miss B is such a sweetie. I am going to miss sitting and talking with Miss. Eva. We were in the same Servant's for the Master Group and I would usually sit with her and listen to her talk about her husband while we ate lunch. She would always my funny faces at her daughter as soon as she would turn her back because she hated that she could not do thinks for herself. :)