Next time you see a child ' misbehaving' or hear a child screaming, please stop and think, 'could that child have special needs or sensory issues?'. Please spare a thought for the child who struggles to stay calm and regulated and for the parents who are constantly stared at, judged and criticized. *Make this your status in support of ...families living with autism and special needs.*
One of my 'online' friends had this as her status this morning. When I saw it, I almost burst out in tears! I can't even count the number of times people have thought Mr D was just misbehaving. (even had one unfortunate incident where someone who didn't 'know' Mr D tried to discipline him to stop being bad...did NOT end well!
Sometimes I think I should make out cards to pass out when we start having melt downs (or as you might see it a 'temper tantrum' ) Or maybe a sign for him to carry on those bad days!
Nini
Popular Posts
-
I can never think of Roses without thinking of my mom. She loved roses. I don't think she ever had any rose plants after we moved from...
-
Not sure if this is all men, or if I am so blessed as to be the fortunate 'owner' of this particular type. First of all, I love my ...
-
I guess I have worked all my life in customer service. I've worked in Food Service Industry, various office staffs, greeter at the USO,...
-
With a little over 11 days to go, I finally managed to get the last shirt done this afternoon. With each shirt taking about an hour to comp...
-
It has been a while since I posted! I guess all the 'stuff' happening with the Grand Princess has put me behind on a lot of things...
-
Only three more days! Stuff left to do: Finish Doll Dresses Make sure celebration is added to all ADRs Finish the kids pillows Finish the sq...
-
Yup...it is official! I have booked our September to Disney. It didn't turn out like I had planned it. We weren't supposed to g...
-
I can not believe how out of practice I am at writing letters! I used to write at least 30 letters a day, to clients, underwriters, prospec...
-
TBI A lot of you may know about the trip our family took with our youngest son, Mr D. But here is something not a lot of you know a...
-
UGHHHHHH!!!! Sometimes I really hate computers. I cannot believe how attached I have become to them. For instance, take away my Internet a...
Brianna's Quilt
Brianna's First Quilt
No comments:
Post a Comment