CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Decorating a Pre-teen's room

OK...this has been in the process since Christmas!  Now we are in March, and I am still at it!  I found a perfect bedspread/quilt; found the perfect wall paint; found an area rug that matched perfectly.  I have been looking for either window drapes or fabric since sometime in January.

I thought I had found it.  Fabric.com was having a great sale.  I love the Fairy Frost line by Michael Miller.  It is so scrumptious!  So, I ordered 11 yards of the Leaf color and 2 of the Orchid.  It came in today.  The Orchid is perfect.  The Leaf...not so much!

I know you should always pick the paint last.  Paint is the easiest thing to match up.  But once we found the quilt, I thought it would be easy from there on, so we settled on the three colors for her wall and painted.

The paint's name is Light Willow.  It is a spring green with a hint of blue undertones.  The fabric is the right spring green, just not the right undertones.  Too much yellow and not enough blue.  (and, yes, I understand that a spring green has yellow in it...but it can have blue undertones as well)

So, now I have to decide if I want to keep trying to find a fabric that will match better, or just go with this.  Miss B will be home from school soon...maybe I'll let her decide!

Nini

No comments: