CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fabric Storage

URGH!!!

It seems that no matter what I do to the studio, it still is a monster mess!  My fabric is stored in plastic bins, but seems to have taken a life of its own and is sneaking into the rest of the room.  I have places for thread storage, places for scissor storage, places for ruler storage, places for sewing machine feet.  I even have a spot for the storage of the big roll of batting.

I have a cutting table (that doubles as an ironing board with the right top), a place for my serger, a place for my sewing machine, a place for my embroidery machine, and even a place for the extra sewing machine that belongs to my daughter.  I have a computer desk, a tv, and my 12 foot quilting machine frame.

I even have a kitchen sink (as well as a refrigerator and stove!)

But no place for my fabric!  I've thought and thought and researched...but I am at a loss as to how to tame my fabric.  Part of the problem is I have small pieces and large pieces.  I usually purchase fabric in 5 yard increments, but sometimes I will only buy 2 yards.  Then after my project is finished, I will have the left overs. Sometimes less than a yard, sometimes more.  The, I also save the even smaller pieces for my embroidery and applique.

I know the first step is to try and purge some of the smaller pieces, but that is really hard for me to do!  Who knows when I might need some of that particular fabric in an applique?

I have a couple of projects about to get started, and the possibility of a large project coming soon, so being able to find things is a must!  Maybe I can come up with a plan....

If you have any ideas, send them my way!


Nini

No comments: