CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tasha's fault!

Yes, this is all Tasha's fault!

She has decided to start making those lovely pillowcase dresses. I helped her with the first one. We won't talk about the mistakes I made, we'll just leave it at that!

It made me want to start sewing again. Then I look online at one of my favorite Disney chat groups, and see all those fantastic and creative designers over there. I keep looking at dresses and tops and shorts and think how great this one would be for Alyssa and how great that one would be for Brianna...

We .... I.. had planned on matching Tshirts for our Disney trip. Looking at all these fantastic dresses, I'm thinking I might have to make a couple.

I know. Quilting is my main focus on the needle arts side of life, but somehow I decided I miss just sewing for the fun of it. Making clothes just because I can was a lot of fun and was somewhat addicting. When Amanda was in kinder (she went in the afternoons) we would get up and make her a new short outfit to wear to school at least twice a week... she would pick out the fabric and I would put together a simple, quick outfit in time for her to put on and go to school after lunch.

I think the last real outfit I made was her Easter dress back when she wore a size 6...so maybe 1st or second grade. While it was cute, sort of an Alice in Wonderland type of dress, she outgrew it way too fast. Both the size and the style.

I was planning on making a Joann's run next week. I may have to get some cute fabric to make a couple of those 'boutique' outfits for my two little girls...at least before they decide they are too big for them!

Nini

No comments: