CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wow, ever since my daughter got me hooked on facebook, I've been very re-miss in posting on my blog. We've been kinda busy around here, and I have limited internet/computer time these days. Gone are the days of sitting on the computer for hours at a time!

Alyssa is getting more active, and her naps are getting shorter and sometimes non existent! Any one with a 20 month old around knows what I mean! You leave her alone for a second and disaster strikes! Add to that a 7 year old...well let's just say we never have a dull moment around here!

I am almost afraid to post it here, afraid it will jinx it, but we are seriously thinking of getting a new house. It is in the hands of Duke, our mortgage guy. If he gives it a green light I will post details, otherwise I will sulk in privacy!

I have been mucho busy in the quilt department lately. It seems everyone is having babies and needs gift quilts. I've gotten one finished, wrapped and ready to be delivered, another one waiting to be quilted. I've been using the turning twenty pattern. It is not the type of quilt I normally do, but it is very fast and easy. Yesterday I managed to get a king size and a double one pieced! These are not the pretty show off type of quilt, but will definitely be the cozy comfy utility quilt that we all love!

I am also working on a class through MQR with Deb Levy. It is all about custom quilting. We are using an applique sail boat pattern. I hate applique, but it is a cute quilt. My problem is that I can't design! I can look at other people's designs and pick and choose elements that I like, but I CAN'T come up with my own designs. (quilting those designs is another issue all together!) I'm actually doing better than I thought I would, but still need to post pictures to the class for critique.

For all those who see my husband, make a comment about how much weight he has lost! He has lost 30 pounds so far on South Beach, and I have lost 25. I tease him he is only a shadow of his former self! We are making a trip in July (hopefully) back to Missouri. Last time we were there, everyone made comments about how much weight he had gained over the years. Some of his family didn't even recognize him! He really wants to be much thinner when we go back! Me, I want to loose more for Mickey Mouse! We are visiting the Mouse House in September and I would love to actually be in the pictures.... It is nice to have goals!

Speaking of the Mouse House...I have discovered T-shirts! I mean designing them! I am making a different T shirt for each day we are there! I can hardly wait to get to actually printing them out and making them! I still have another couple of things to work out, but I love the designs so far! (ok..I'm not actually designing the artwork... I belong to a Disney chat group called DISboards. There are talented DISigners on that board that make free DISigns for you. You tell them how you want them customized, and they make the artwork for you. Then you print them on transfer paper and add them to the T shirt.)

Between this and Facebook...it is a wonder I get ANYTHING done!

Nini

No comments: