CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

137 days and counting...

That's right! Only 137 more days until we visit the Mouse House! The plans are coming along and everything is falling into place. I still have to wait until the 90 day mark to make my dining reservations, so the only thing I can do to get ready now is to make my T shirts! Of course, I have to keep them a secret, I doubt that Rex will agree to wear them all. Especially if he see them before we go.

In less than one short month, I am supposed to be in business. That's right! I am supposed to be start taking customer quilts in on June 1. Am I ready? No. Am I going to be ready? Probably. I've still got a way to go to get the final leagal-eze taken care of, but basically I will be ready. I have about 10 notebooks full of ideas and notes, plans and strategies.

It is really kind of funny. Like I think I will immediately have 100 customers on June 1???? I expect it to be very slow going for the first 6 months. In fact, I don't really expect to have my first repeat customer for 6 months. The casual quilter takes 6 months to finish a quilt top. I'm sure I will have enough of my own to keep me busy in the meantime. After all, I am staying busy NOW!!!

As I look forward to the Crepe Myrtle Festival next month, I'm a little angry at myself for not following through with getting things ready to sell. I know I would have gone almost crazy trying to get enough inventory for a decent sale, but it would be perfect for a launch of my business!

My little sweet pea is about to wake up, such short naps now! Being a Grandma is so much fun, I wonder why my kids took so long to make me one!!!


Nini

No comments: