CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Phones?

I really thought I was going crazy a few minutes ago! I am in Monroe, GA (a suburb outside Atlanta)and was trying to call my doctor's office in Lawrenceville (also a suburb of Atlanta). I called about 5 times. Each time I got a different doctor's office! I had just talked with them earlier today and KNEW I had the right number, so I hung up and tried again!

I decided not to trust my auto dialer and dialed the number directly, looking very carefully at my doctor's business card...should be right...right? Still got a different doctor's office....

So, I thought, maybe my doctor is out of the office and this doctor was covering for him. Strange, and he has never done that before, but maybe... Well, the doctor I was getting is in New Orleans! As in Louisiana! Several hundred miles away from my doctor's office!

The receptionist told me they have been getting a lot of calls this afternoon from people trying to get my doctor's office...she doesn't know why it keeps getting routed to their office.

I called the operator and she got the same thing! Now this is just plain weird! The only thing I can guess (barring some really strange phone line problems) is that someone went to lunch and put the phones on follow...and punched in the wrong area code!

I guess I'll try back later ... but this is just plain strange! And it is not even Friday or the thirteenth!

Nini

No comments: