CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back among the connected!

I'm finally back online! Thursday morning, I turned on the laptop and saw an ominous error message. Basically I was told that there was no bootable hard drive. I bought one of those Wal Mart specials last November, for about $250, and it didn't come with disks for recovery.

At the time I didn't think anything of it...but looking back, I should have at least backed up everything!

We tried all day Turkey Day trying to get it to boot. Korey (my resident computer person) tried all his magic, but nothing worked. Saturday morning, we took it to the computer ER, paid $50 for them to confirm, the hard drive was dead!

Seems Damien thought he would get up early and play some computer games. He couldn't get it to work, and somehow the laptop was dropped on the floor.

Sunday we went to the PX and looked at computers (and Santa, but they didn't have very many toys this year???). Rex bought a $779 Toshiba. I guess he is tired of all the cheap computers I buy! So far it is a dream computer. The keyboard is larger than my old Acer, and the mouse pad is not such a pain to deal with. The problem is trying to get all my passwords back up and running. So far I have a couple of websites I STILL can't get back into, and all my bookmarked pages are practically impossible to get to! (including this one very neat site to use for Homeschooling during the Christmas holidays. It has a great place to email Santa. The letters the kids write to Santa, as well as his answers, are sent to the parents first and THEN sent to the kids.)

Also did a great deal of Black Friday Shopping, but I will save that for another post later!

Happy Quilting!

Nini



No comments: