CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update

It has been a while since I have posted...so much has happened!

First, I finished my second QOV quilt. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. It was specifically for the Navy, so I used a 'wave-y thing' for the majority of it and did pebbles (or bubbles...it IS for Navy after all!) on the solid blue background. I was really surprised at how much control I had gained by the time I finished the quilt. I guess the old adage of 'practice, practice, practice' is REALLY true after all!

I'm still working on the Christmas stockings for my family, and they are really turning out better than I thought they would. And I made a table runner for Tasha in fall colors and it is so much better than I thought it would be! I am really proud of they way it looks! Now I have to get some more brown to finish up some to sell...

We did get the wood floors finished and now we are working on the tile for the kitchen. Shawn moved all the appliances out and tiled the main portion of the kitchen a week or so ago. Now that that part is put back together I have to say i LOVE the way it looks! Now he is working on the breakfast room and then he will finish up the laundry room. Right now it looks like we might have enough tile left to do the kids bathroom, but that will probably wait until after the holidays. It is really looking great, and I am starting to love my house again!

Alyssa is getting cuter every day. Her little personality is getting stronger and stronger. She has already shown that she is not going to be a weak person and has her own definite ideas about how things should be! One of those things is her walking...or lack there of. She turned 13 months a week ago and she still would not walk. It wasn't that she could not it was that she would not! I think she knew that everyone was a little anxious because of the surgeries and the casting, so she chose to keep us in suspense. Whenever you try to stand her up, she would just buckle her legs up and smile. She definitely was cruising around the furniture, and she could stand up in the middle of the floor whenever she wanted. It wasn't a matter of balance or ability, it was a matter of not wanting to.

Well, last night she decided to put us out of our misery and walked! Momma got a video of it and will be posting it to her blog. When she does, I'll add a link to it here!

Damien had his seventh birthday last week... while we know that was a momentous event, there was a time that we could not even dream of him having another birthday, we really didn't have a big celebration. Just a family dinner at his favorite Chinese restaurant, came back to our house for cake and ice cream and a few gifts.

The weather is finally starting to feel like fall around here, at least for the next week. We are going today to look for the kids' Halloween costumes and to pick out pumpkins. They are really excited!

I promise to try and post not so many tidbits and more often!

No comments: