CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mindless Ramblings

Well, here it is, almost the end of January, and I've finally started feeling like I was beginning to get back to normal. This cold/bronchitis/whatever it was has finally started showing signs that it has left the building...or at least has started thinking about it!

Friday afternoon was the first time I had been back up to the studio since the beginning of January. I was supposed to be cleaning, clearing and organizing my fabrics. I discovered I had a lot of blues, maybe even enough to make a baby quilt...hmmm.... after cutting some strips I discovered I had enough to make TWO baby quilts. Perfect, I have two baby boys on the way (one in a week or so and the other in a few months). I sat down to start on the rail fence pattern. I discovered I really like this pattern...I mean REALLY REALLY like it! In only a few hours I managed to get both tops pieced. It was almost mindless work...if the machine had behaved itself it would have been completely mindless, and went extremely fast. If I had the batting and backing in the studio they both could have been finished by now, or at least ready for the binding by now.

Speaking of binding. I've GOT to get the binding sewn on Tasha's two Christmas throws I made her. They are both sitting in my studio (actually on the steps to the studio) mocking me each time I look at them. I really hate putting on bindings. I keep hoping the binding fairy will come and do it for me, but so far I haven't been able to entice the binding fairy to visit me...

I know I promised to get a picture of the quilt my daughter finished just before Christmas...but she still hasn't sent it to me. I asked her about it again last night and she kinda tried to ignore me. So I will publicly ask her for a picture of the quilt so I can post it here. Amanda, consider yourself asked!

I'm back planning our next trip to Disney...January 2010...can hardly wait! We had hoped to get the whole family to go, but it looks like it will just be the four of us. We will be having Brianna do most of the planning. I'm working on some ways to work some studying into the process. You know, things like budgeting, planning, and trip routing. As well as the regular learning about the different countries you get to explore in EPCOT and the animal at Animal Kingdom. It should be fun. Damien is already looking forward to learning about the animals!

Well, I guess that is it for the mindless ramblings for today. Hopefully I will be feeling better in the next few days to actually get some work done in the studio. Who knows, I might even post a few pictures.....

Nini

No comments: